Monday, July 14, 2014

Be You & Do You!

Sometimes being yourself is very hard to do when you have others waiting to judge you. Often times we lose ourselves trying to be what others want us to be, and this is very unfortunate because we all are wonderful in our own right, but at some point in our lives, we have allowed someone or something to define who and what we are. I think the solution to this problem is to start loving who you are, accepting who you are, and caring less about what others think of you, and more about what you think of yourself, because at the end of the day, your opinion of yourself is all that really matters. As I enter into this world of blogging, I want to be able to share myself with you guys. Some of you will like me, some of you may not, and that's fine, you can't please everybody, all I can do is give you Sam. A single black mother originally from the west side of Chicago raising two boys the best I know how so that they will one day become two great men and not two more statistics in a world that can be unkind or has determined their worth because of what color they are. I'm a young woman who could have easily ended up on the streets, on drugs, on somebody's pole, or on somebody's corner selling crack or myself, but because I had the guidance of two great parents who raised me and prayed for me everyday, (my Ma, and my Grandma) I'm ok. I'm not perfect but then again who is? If I can't help you I won't hurt you. If you need something and I got it, more likely than not I'll try to help you. I can make you laugh, I can make you cry, I can make you want to beat my ass. I curse, I'm terrible with time, I'm very silly, I love to eat, and from my long ass posts, you will be able to figure out that I love to write. Writing is how I've always expressed myself. I thank God for this gift. I'm a woman who's been lied to, cheated on, as a kid made to feel not good enough because of my dark skin, struggled with different insecurities, and then some. All of these things can bring upon many emotions so writing can definitely be very therapeutic. I have seen, heard, and witnessed a lot, therefore I can speak on many things. In my posts to come, I'll touch on relationship issues, racism, parenting, cooking, reality tv, men, what's going on in Chicago, education, and much more. I look forward to blogging and I welcome all of you guys comments. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment